Monday 9 October 2017

Witch Brooches and Introducing Edgar.

It's been a busy couple of months but I do have some new things to show you, but the Cornish Pixie Muse is still missing in action, I think it may have gone on a rather long world tour. So what have I been busy with well I've made this years Witch Brooches along with a Unicorn Girl and a finished off the large troll doll.

Unicorn art doll brooch
Nina Unicorn Girl
 Nina the Unicorn Girl was an experiment, I had made an error with her face so instead of throwing the head away I painted over the fabric and then painted her features. She has a whimsical quality to her with her gold horn and the sparkling threads in her hair

Witch art doll brooch
Cleo 

Witch art doll brooch
Dorothy

Witch art doll brooch
Rowena

I always enjoy making the Witches and I had planned to make a larger witch doll ready for Halloween but I've run out of time. But I think I will still make a large one and I certainly need to make a few more of the smaller witch dolls. 

So next I would like to introduce you to Edgar, he is Chief Fletcher to the Fae King of the Underworld. He was inspired partly by a character I've written in my Sidhe books, Midir is the Fae king of the Underworld and he has a Kings Bolt which got me thinking about Elf shot the Slaugh use. Not long after Julia Hay of Pandanimal had a show and she had made some beautiful lampwork arrowheads and the idea of Edgar took hold and after a few months I was finally able to make him. 

Edgar ooak art doll
Edgar


Edgar ooak art doll
Edgar

Making Edgar was easy enough how to construct the arrow was another thing entirely as I wanted black feather flights. All the black feathers I could find in craft shows were too downy, so I decided to use some thin craft foam which I painted. I glued the arrow head and foam feathers to a painted bamboo skewer and used copper wire as well. 

Edgar ooak art doll
Lampwork Glass Arrowhead
Edgar ooak art doll
Painted foam flights
I had intended for Edgar to have a hat and give him a steampunk vibe but I changed my mind, he was also going to have an apron but I felt he didn't really need it. 

Edgar ooak art doll
Edgar

The next few weeks I will try to get some Christmas Cornish Pixie Elves made along with a fairy for my christmas tree. Plus I will also be busy editing my next book ready for publication by the end of this year.

Until next time
Vic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment