Friday 19 May 2017

The return of the Unicorns and other Pixie Elves.

Its been a busy month here and not only I have I made four new dolls I have painted eight Pixie elves. Okay four of these were the new mini elves but its still eight. I also found some lovely new paints while out on a girls day out with my Mum and the Girlie. I will obviously have to go back and get some more along with a larger box to hold all my paints.

First up are the two sets of mini Pixie Elves, I used the new shimmer green and purple paints in these along with a very yummy gold.

Amethyst Miniature Cornish Pixie Elves
Amethyst Miniature Cornish Pixie Elves

Teal Miniature Cornish Pixie Elves
Teal Miniature Cornish Pixie Elves

I also bought two chalk paints a pale pink and a blueberry, they have given a nice finish to the wood bodies of the pixie elves. I used the gold and a few other paints on Bouquet a small sized Pixie Elf.

Bouquet Cornish Pixie Elf
Bouquet Cornish Pixie Elf

The gold and the shimmer paints came in handy for the next pixie elf.  I'm surprised it hasn't been stolen by the Lad yet, his new Betta called Loki, was the inspiration for this one.

Betta Siamese Fighting Fish Cornish Pixie Elf
Betta Siamese Fighting Fish Cornish Pixie Elf

I used the chalk paints and the gold antique effect on the last two pixie elves which both have Unicorns on them. I had to repeat the Unicorns as I really enjoyed painting the last one and these I enjoyed too. First is Blackie a black and gold Unicorn on a pink pixie elf, Girlie really likes this one so I may need to keep an eye on it. 

Black Unicorn Cornish Pixie Elf
Black Unicorn Cornish Pixie Elf

And this is my favourite on the blueberry chalk paint which is a very gorgeous blue purple and the gold on top just shimmers.

Unicorn Cornish Pixie Elf
Unicorn Cornish Pixie Elf

I have some wooden hearts that might end up with unicorns and some of my other favourite designs on them, like the honey bee. But in the meantime these Cornish Pixie Elves will find themselves in my Etsy shop over the next week, if they haven't found homes or been stolen by the girlie or the lad. 

Until next time
Vic xx


No comments:

Post a Comment