Wednesday 18 November 2015

Christmas Pixie Elves

Wow it's been over a month since I last wrote a blog post and it's gone pretty fast. I have been very busy making new items for Christmas including a few dolls as well as posting a few dolls out to their new forever homes. The Cornish Pixie Elves have insisted I show you them first.

I had some larger cone shaped ones left so I decided to go for a Scandi / Nordic style with the decoration on their red painted bodies. I finished them off with a red felt hat and trimmed with red gingham ribbon bows on their hats and back.

Cornish Pixie elves

The next Cornish Pixie Elf has been in my Sketch book for a few years and I've finally painted it. The night city skyline looks great with the moon and stars and of course the silhouette of a certain sleigh and reindeer.

Cornish Pixie elf

The next is a family of elves and I went back to an old idea of a single metallic colour and I had some new copper paint I could use. They turned out well and I love the soft shine on them.

Cornish Pixie elves

Now to dolls, I decided I would make four dolls and I would use what I had in my fabric stash rather than buying any more. So the first one I thought would be nice was a winter witch, I had some ivory material that was printed with deer and gold snowflakes which I teamed with gold organza. She looked great with her white boots, witches hat and hair, the only trouble was a name and I finally decided on Wanda.

ooak cloth art doll


Next were two angels one was a pretty pink and the other in blue and they ended up being called Candy and Felicity. I had bought some new merino wool that had glitzy threads through the wool and I used them on the angels and it look really good. 

ooak cloth art doll

ooak cloth art doll

The last one I wanted her to be a bit christmassy but not too much so you she can be displayed all year round. 

ooak cloth art doll

The next few weeks are going to be busy as I have some things to make for gifts, I am hoping to make a large doll and maybe more but I think it may have to wait until the christmas rush is over. 

Until next time
Vic xxx



ooak cloth art doll

ooak cloth art doll

ooak cloth art doll







No comments:

Post a Comment