Thursday 11 June 2015

New dolls Ebony and Melody

It's been a busy week again and I've made two small dolls though I had originally planned just to make one big doll. One of the dolls I knew I wanted her to be a dark goth style of doll and the other I knew was going to be a nature or flower fairy. Well the dark fairy ended up being a naughty fairy that gets into lots of mischief and plays pranks.


ebony naughty fairy art doll


 As you can see from the photo she's a standing doll, I added wire armature in her legs and it worked well so I may have to make a few more standing small dolls. I ended up calling her Ebony, and she was great fun to bring to life even if I did wrestle a bit with the wings.

ebony naughty fairy art doll


The other doll ended up as a seated doll and in shades of green. It was a good to use some beautiful green chiffon from my stash thats shot through with red, which you can just see in the photos, it will be perfect for a christmas doll.

melody nature fairy art doll

I was going to make some wings but I remembered I had some laser cut butterfly wings that I sometimes use on the pixie elves. I have only a few left and the lilac one seemed to suit her.

melody nature fairy art doll

I struggled a bit for a name for her and finally decided on Melody which I think suits her really well.
The chief doll tester aka girlie has approved of these two and I'm keeping an eye on her as she does really like Ebony.

Also this week I have revamped my Website it's got a fresh new look and I'm quite pleased with it.

Until next time
Vic xx

ebony naughty fairy art doll



melody nature fairy art doll


No comments:

Post a Comment