Thursday 7 May 2015

Pip the Newest Doll.

 As some of you know I'm often inspired by the Afterlife Saga written by my favourite author Stephanie Hudson. I have often thought about making one of the characters from the books in doll form. I thought it would be Keira first but that cheeky imp called Pip got there first. Of course it meant a reread of the Triple Goddess to remind myself of the colour of Pips eyes, I remembered her hair was green with blue tips but I just wasn't sure on the eyes. I had a feeling the eyes were green and I wasn't far off as they were but with a blue ring around the iris.

ooak cloth art doll Pip

The rest of the doll went well, I would have prefered to use a Marvel, DC, or similar fabrics for her clothing. But due to the fact that usually those fabrics are for personal use only I can't use them in dolls I sell and to be honest its a nice challenge to use something else. 

ooak cloth art doll Pip

Pip's hair was fun as I added in some turquoise with the green merino wool, it did start off long and then I decided shoulder length would be better. 

ooak cloth art doll Pip


I am pleased in how Pip has turned out and I have a feeling that Keira and Sophia will be made at some point and if I get a pattern for a male doll well you might be seeing a Dominic Draven one day. 
Next week I think its back to Cornish Pixie Elves I wonder if I could do some Poldark inspired ones. 
Until next time
Vic xx

ooak cloth art doll Pip

ooak cloth art doll Pip






No comments:

Post a Comment