As always I showed the progress on my Facebook page with some Work In Progress Photos, which for the first time I'm also sharing here.
As always I start with the head which after sewing needed to be stuffed, needle sculpted and then my favorite part drawing and colouring the features.
The next step is to stuff and attach the body parts as you can see on the photo below I've button jointed the hips and shoulders. I also took a photo of the doll on the fabrics I was thinking for using for her clothing.
I decided to use the white cotton for an underskirt with a shell pink chiffon over the top. I then gave her a faux leather corset and finished the bodice with gold lace.
I also added ribbon to her wrists and tops of her boots, and I also added laces to her boots using some embroidery thread.
Next was the cloak the piece of clothing I had been scratching my head over, well I just went for it and I made a fully lined hooded cloak. I did make one mistake on it, while sewing the lining to the hood I sewed it on the wrong way out so I had to unpick it all and start again this time with success.
I was really please how she turned out especially the cloak, and she's now available in my Etsy shop and below are the photos of the completed Ms. Red Riding Hood.
Until next time