Friday 19 September 2014

Gardening and Beads



The last few weeks my lad and with some grumbling from my hubby have been busy in the garden. I have been planning for a while to dig up my herb bed and replace it with grass. It was a shame but it had got so overgrown only a tiny bit of sage and a few lavenders were surviving. Also hubby for some reason decided to start a new flower bed right by the washing line a few years ago so we now have less grass to put out the table and chairs in the summer. Anyway my lad has dug up all of the herb bed and hubby managed to rescue some of the slate chippings and move the big edging stones. It was all finished in time for the weekend when my daughter had her friends round for a birthday party luckily the weather was nice. 


I also managed some torch time and I have been wanting to make some more beads for Beads of Courage. The reason was my friend had nominated me to the ice bucket challenge, With six birthdays all in weeks of each other I couldn't really afford to give money to charity, but I did have time to give. The beads were posted off to Be Child Cancer Aware this week and included a few toadstools and the monster beads above who are telling cancer to poke off. 
If you want to know more about Be Child Cancer Aware and the Beads of Courage they are here

Until next time
Vic xx





No comments:

Post a Comment