Monday 14 July 2014

New Pixie Elves

Last week I needed to make something and as much as I would've liked to a doll I thought it would be nicer to make some Pixie Elves. So out came the bodies and the paints but what to do. First I wanted to make a family in neutral colours for a challenge over on the Craft Pimp forum. I chose Iris pink, soft grey and Ivory paints, cream felt, a large and two small elf bodies. I love the colours of those paints they are so soft looking almost shabby chic. 

cornish pixie elves Sugar plums

Next I decided to repaint an old elf body, I had sandpapered off all the old paint and gave it a coat of white gesso last year. She did start off with a stripes of paint in blue, pink and green but it just didn't look right so I quickly washed off the paint and repainted it green with ivory spots. I still have a few felt wings left so she ended up as Dotty the winged pixie elf. 

winged cornish pixie elf


For some reason I wanted to make a halloween family set painted in purple, orange and green. I then drew a bat on their fronts and painted it in black, the bat on the tiny pixie elf was a bit challenging but it looks great. 

halloween cornish pixie elves


I had a bit of experiment with taking the photos of the family sets, usually I take individual photos but this time I've left the other elves in the background and it looks a lot better than on their own.

cornish pixie elves Sugar plums

cornish pixie elves Sugar plums

halloween cornish pixie elves

halloween cornish pixie elves

Until next time
Vic x







No comments:

Post a Comment