Thursday 24 July 2014

New Beads

The weather has been a bit warm so I haven't had much time to get to the torch and I've also been busy with dolls and pixie elves. Last Wednesday I thought why not and went out and light the torch and for once I knew what I wanted to make. So I decided I wanted to perfect my dragon beads a bit more, well it maybe wasn't the best type of bead to start with as they are complicated and I did forget to pull a stringer for the eyelid. 

lampwork dragon glass bead



 Well as I suspected it ended up as a bit of an ugly dragon but I wasn't too worried and made another couple which were a lot better. I will give these two dragons to Beads Of Courage run by BCCA here in the uk.

lampwork dragon glass beadlampwork dragon glass bead

I was running out of time at the torch (I had to go in to help make tea) so I just made a few quick spotty beads with some lovely CIM glass, Eggplant and Poseidon

glass lampwork beads
I had a lovely few hours at the torch and I hope it won't be too long before I get back to it.

see you next time
Vic xx



No comments:

Post a Comment