Friday 21 February 2014

Soft Landings & Tiara making.

This week has been half term so I haven't spent any time creating. I would really like to get to into the shed and melt some glass but its drying out from a few leaks it had during the storms. So we started off the week with another trip to the beach this time we nipped into Bude and got snacks and had our lunch at the beach. The tide was lower this time so we decided to walk round up the cliff and over to the other side of the beach. That side of the beach has changed, a lot of big boulders have moved from one side of the beach to the other. Walking back was a bit dicey as the path was a bit muddy and my hip was feeling a bit wobbly after being on the beach. So the obvious happened yes I slipped on the path and fell on my backside hence the title of this weeks post. It did shake me up a bit but apart from a few aches and pains and a muddy pair of trouser I'm fine. 
So to the challenge on the Craft Pimp Forum I decided to make a tiara with a piece of driftwood I found on the last visit to the beach. I haven't made a tiara in years and I really enjoyed making one again. The wire I used was very fine but it did give the beads a bit of movement.


I'm really pleased how it turned out and I think the beads look like a wave breaking over the wood. My daughter spotted it when she came home from school and put it on so I just had to take a photo of it on.


So next week I think I will get the sewing machine out as I want to make some more Cloth dolls one from a pattern and maybe a few of my own.

Until next time
Victoria. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment