Friday 25 October 2013

Father Christmas and my essential tools

Well its been a busy two weeks, not only have I finished the second father Christmas with his red suit, I have made four mini cloth art dolls. They have turned out really well, I made two Christmas ones and some flower fairies. The reason to make so many in one go is I have two craft fairs next month so I wanted enough to sell. Well I should say I did have four I sold the Green Christmas Fairy before I had taken any photos. I have a few other pieces to make for the fairs mainly felted acorns, and GreenMen Cloth art doll decorations. I also need to retake photos of my Christmas Elves so that I can list them on ETSY after Halloween.

Red Cloth Art Father Christmas Doll
Christmas Cloth Art Doll

 
I was considering recently the most essential tool I couldn't do without, well narrowing it down to just one for me is hard so I have listed a few for each craft I do. 

Jewellery -  Pliers (round nosed, snipe nose) and cutters.
Seed Beading - Thread, needle, scissors.
Metal Smithing - Saw, bench peg, hammer, drill and drill bits.
Lampworking - Torch, kiln, gas, didymium glasses.
Art Dolls / Sewing - sewing machine, scissors, material, thread.

I could add a lot more to that list including the materials like metal, beads, glass, glue and so much more.

See you next time
Vic xx



No comments:

Post a Comment